Don’t let the name fool you. The “Text” widget is much more versatile than you might think. Not only can this widget be used for text, but it is also a full on HTML editor which means you can embed videos, images, forms, and do anything else you can do with HTML.
PRO TIP #1: RESPONSIVE IMAGES/VIDEO
To make sure that your images and video scale properly across all devices, you can edit the HTML to make them responsive. To accomplish this, do the following:
1. Click on the “< >” button in the toolbar
2. Find where it says width=”xxx” height=”xxx” (x’s represent numbers)
3. Make it say width=”100%” height=”auto”
PRO TIP #2: EMBEDDING VIDEO
When adding video to a wysiwyg, it is best to use the embed function by doing the following:
1. Click the “Insert/Edit Video”
2. Choose the “Embed” tab
3. Paste your embed code in this field.
**Once again, you can utilize Pro Tip #1 to ensure proper, responsive scaling across all devices.
PRO TIP #3: EMBEDDING FORMS WITH RESPONSIVENESS
Rather than just linking to forms via a web view (which you can also do), embedding forms is a great way to make the forms available in a native, user friendly manner. When embedding forms into a wysiwyg (such as what exists in the Text widget), simply do the following:
1. Copy the form’s embed code
2. Click the “< >” (aka source code editor) button in the toolbar
3. Paste your embed code into this field.
**If you would like the form to be responsive, you can follow Pro Tip #1 EXCEPT that instead of making the height “auto”, make it something really big like “4000”. This will make sure that the form extends far enough down the page.
Have any additional comments, questions, or suggestions? Contact our support team anytime!